There are many tutoring options
for students struggling with classes.
- SRT- Utilize this 25-minute period each day to visit the classes in which you are struggling. Teachers can offer more one-on-one help during this time.
- Meet with Teachers- from 7:45-8:15, teachers may be available to meet with you one-on-one or in a small group for help with homework, test/quiz preparation, additional instruction, etc. Ask your teacher for help! They like knowing that you are interested in improving your grade.
- Tutoring during SRT- Junior or Senior-level students that perform well in your child’s class they are struggling in can offer tutoring. Also, National Honor Society students often are willing to tutor students during SRT in most subject areas.
- Your Life Counts–Tutoring available Wednesdays from 6-8pm at the Church at the Lake in Van Bibber–also Thursdays from 6-8pm at Bainbridge Christian Church in Bainbridge. Contact Jason Allmon for details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-721-5673
- Homework Hotline 1-877-ASK-ROSE- Tutors help students with MATH and SCIENCE over the phone. Call toll free from 7-10pm Sunday-Thursday. Free!
- Sylvan Learning Center- 317-247-7664- Indianapolis West 77 South Girl School Rd. Suite 210, 46231– Students have visited Sylvan in the past and benefited from their experience. Price varies–$40 per hour
- Tutoring Club- 9158 E. US 36 Avon, IN 46123– Tutoring Club specializes in reading, math, writing, study skills, and SAT preparation. Price varies- financial aid is available for qualifying students.
- DePauw University–
- Parents may call the Math Dept, English Dept, etc and ask if they have students who are interested in tutoring. They can advertise for free in the Banner Graphic (put the age of the child, subject needing help, and where they are willing to go for tutoring).
- DePauw students: Hartman House 765-658-4800–Ask to speak with the Hartman House. They are a program on campus that helps out surrounding communities. They often have students who tutor at a reasonable price.
- Reading Improvement with Ellen Dittmer 765-246-6574–Tutoring program at Gobin Church four afternoons a week where DePauw students tutor mostly younger children. Students can also get help w/ study skills, test prep, and other academic areas.
- Knoy Resource Center 765-795-2495 ext 5563, Cloverdale High School.
- Before school 7-8 am, after school hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 3-6pm; Tuesday 3-7pm; Thursday 3-8pm–FREE!
- Tutoring for all subjects–please call for specific subject/day availability
- Community welcome, computer lab with internet access and printing facilities, IVY Tech Compass admissions testing, SAT prep sessions, GED classes
- Teachers/Aides- There are teachers/aides/and retired teachers that are willing to tutor. Feel free to call them at the school or email them.
- Chuck Tilton (retired teacher) email@example.com— mainly English, price is negotiable
- Bonnie Osbornfirstname.lastname@example.org She is willing to stay after school to help students–Monday-Thursday 3-4, $10 per hour
- Khan Academy - Khanacademy.org – over 2,400 educational videos covering everything from math, physics, history, etc. to help students and adults of all ages understand these subjects.
- SOS Math - http://www.sosmath.com– math review material from algebra-trigonometry. Over 2,500 math pages filled with short and easy-to-understand explanations.
- Hippo Campus - http://www.hippocampus.org – videos on every subject from biology to U.S. History.
- iHomework and/or iStudiezPro- helps students keep up-to-date with their school work, grades, to-do’s, teachersinformatio, etc. throughout the school year. iHomework allows teh student to have a school organizer anywhere they go with constant reminders coming from their phone.
- iFlash- allows student to upload their flashcards to their phone. This will keep students from losing their flashcards and allow them to have the capability of studying at any time.
- iProcrastinate- a simple task management phone application. Allows students to put in due-dates, break down tasks, and ‘star” items that you want to have quick access to.